|AI Flight Planner|
| A fully-integrated, TTools-format compatible AI flight planning tool for Microsoft Flight Simulator, both FS9 and FSX versions, - from stock and add-on airport data collection through flight plan preparation and editing to traffic .bgl compilation/de-compilation. Includes a complete flight plan subsetting capability as well as FS9 to FSX file conversion.|
AI Flight Planner
A revolution in AI flight planning.
AI Flight Planner is a fully-integrated, TTools format-compatible AI flight planning tool for Microsoft Flight Simulator, both FS9 and FSX versions and Prepar3D. Introduced in May 2008 and continually upgraded since then, AI Flight Planner has become the tool of choice for preparing and editing AI flight plans as evidenced by the nearly 8000 downloads of the latest general release in the first three months following its introduction. As of January 2010, AI Flight Planner had been downloaded over 12,000 times.
Version 2 added a full range of flight plan and repaint installion capabilities as well as several other new functions. These new capabilities were developed in cooperation with AIG (Alpha-India Group). While intended to meet AIG's specific requirements, AIFP version 2 remains a general purpose tool that may be used to install anyone's flight plans and repaint packages. As well, Version 2.2 includes extensive traffic file and parking analysis capabilities.
Among AIFPs unique features are:
- arrival and departure times may be specified using local times
- use of either IATA or ICAO airport designators
- ICAO and IATA codes, UTC-offset and positional data for any airport is only a few mouse clicks away
- aircraft may be assigned directly from FS9 or FSX aircraft folders
- flight plans are created and edited on a per leg basis; using a day-of-week field, similar legs in weekly flight plans need be entered only once.
- the ability to extract from airline system-wide flight-plan data only those flight plans that visit any of a user-selected list of airports and to prepare subsets of flight plans based on aircraft used or destination airports
- an aircraft editor to manage all aircraft AI-related parameters and which will display a thumbnail of the selected aircraft if available
- stock and add-on airport data collection
- subsetting of flight plans by airport (both inclusive and exclusive)
- a "smart" tree-view display which differentiates between files/folders of interest and those that are not
- the ability to edit weekly flight plans for multiple days irrespective of whether or not in the consolidate mode.
- a variety of traffic file "find" functions
Flight Plan Editor: AIFP provides a full range of flight plan editing tools. They include:
- TTools-format text files or compiled traffic files as source
- conversion of FS9 flight plans and traffic files for use with FSX
- creation and editing of flight plans in either the custom flight plan leg editor or a plain text editor
- user-specifiable standard "sit-times"
- built-in aircraft, airport and time-zone editors
- validation of all aspects of flight plans
- compilation of flight plan data into flight simulator traffic files.
AIFP's Flight Plan Editor
Flight Plan Installer: In late 2009, Alpha India Group were looking for new installer to replace the aging MRAI Installer in use at the time. AIFP was enhanced to meet their needs, but in a way that it could also serve as a general-purpose flight plan installer. The AIFP installer not only installs flight plan packeges from AIG and others. With a properly-formatted configuration file (details in the FP Installer manual), the installer facilitates downloading of the required repaints, assigns and installs those repaints and accommodates special liveries.
AIFP Installer's Main Panel
AI Flight Planner does it all!
The current release of AI Flight Planner is Version 2.2.17. Please check the Status & Known Issues page for known issues, patches and update information.
* * * setting the standard for freeware quality and support * * *
|We welcome your questions, comments and suggestions regarding this website and the "stuff" available from it. Please feel free to contact us. In particular, please report any problems you experience with the add-ons, applications and utilities.|